Wednesday, June 06, 2007

A RATHER CONVENIENT BREAKDOWN

As one drives one's journey to work through the seasons, the colours and patterns of the countryside at the side of the road slowly change in a rather miraculous way. We are in the middle of one of the most enjoyable times of the year - there is a great deal of change, and everything is new, bright, zingy and colourful.

I have watched the field of poppies gradually appear over the last few days, alongside Junction 4 of the M54. Tonight, on a mission of marital mercy to Ikea, my car seemed to suffer an odd desire to slow down and stop just alongside the field, and remarkably I found that I had brought my camera along with me. I took a few pictures, four of which are reproduced below. Amazingly, whatever it was that had afflicted the car seemed to have cleared itself when I returned to it.

So, all in all, a rather magical evening - Ikea excepted of course!





Tags:

,
,
,



No comments: