Monday, May 21, 2007

WELL ANYWAY, IT AMUSED ME - No. 15

One of the little games played out in the newspaper world, I’m convinced, is by those who write the articles trying to get things “under the radar” and past the Sub Editors, whose lives are there partly to check for, find and ruthlessly eradicate these gems.

It’s probably just me, but this short piece of news in today’s "Times" tickled me.

A holidaymaker was taken to hospital after being trampled by a herd of cows while walking his dog near Clehonger, Hertfordshire. Villagers were alerted by his screams and came to his aid to find one of the cows on top of him. He suffered a serious chest injury, but was said to be in a stable condition. (My italics).

Now I’m not trying to make light of the poor guy’s injuries. If you’ve ever had an animal the size of a horse or suchlike either stand on your foot or even lean you onto a wall, it is absolutely no laughing matter, but this one is One-Nil to the writer.

Tags:
,,

No comments: